"Installation Incomplete... Error Code: #1603, 3002, 0xe01a000c" error message appears when installing Trend Micro Security software
- Solution ID:1104148
- Last Updated:Sep. 06, 2019 12:31 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2018;2019;2020;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Internet Security - 2020;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2020;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019, Premium Security - 2020;
- Installation Incomplete... Error Code: #1603, 3002, 0xe01a000c | Error Message | Trend Micro Security
You receive the following error message when installing your Trend Micro Security software:
The computer has not started running a service needed by the installer.
(error code: #1603, 3002, 0xe01a000f)
No changes have been made to your computer."
This happens when any of the following dependency services is not running:
- Base Filtering Engine (service name: BFE)
- Cryptographic Services (service name: CryptSvc)
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
You must log onto your computer using an account with administrator privileges.
If you have installed software on your computer before, you probably have these privileges.
We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
- Download and install the Trend Micro Permission Tool
Click the button below to download the Permission Tool:
- Double-click Ti_all_win_en_RegKeyFolderPermissionRecover_Tool0001.exe to run it.
- Click I accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click OK.
- Restart your computer.
- Reinstall your Trend Micro Security
Download and install the latest version of Trend Micro Security on your computer.
For detailed instructions, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
Installing Trend Micro Security.