"Installation Incomplete... Error Code: #1603, 3002, 0xe01a000c" error message appears when installing Trend Micro Security software
- Solution ID:1104148
- Last Updated:Mar. 15, 2018 10:03 PM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- Installation Incomplete... Error Code: #1603, 3002, 0xe01a000c | Error Message | Trend Micro Security
You see the following error message when installing your Trend Micro Security software:
The installer could not set up an important component needed by Trend Micro Security
(error code: #1603, 3002, 0xe01a000c)
No changes have been made to this computer."
This happens when your Trend Micro Security software failed to install the Uniclient component or if your computer is infected by malware.
To resolve the issue, do the following:
- Scan your computer using Trend Micro Rootkit Buster
Trend Micro Rootkit Buster scans hidden files, registry entries, processes, drivers, services, ports, and master boot record (MBR) to identify and remove rootkits.
For complete instructions on how to use Trend Micro Rootkit Buster, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
Using the Trend Micro Rootkit Buster for Home Users.
- Run the Uninstall Tool
Remove remnants of your previous Trend Micro Security installation using the Uninstall Tool.
For complete instructions on how to use the Uninstall Tool, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
Uninstalling Trend Micro Security software using the Uninstall Tool.
- Reinstall your Trend Micro Security
For complete instructions on how to install your Trend Micro Security program, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
Installing Trend Micro Security.
If the error message still appears after performing the steps above, contact our Trend Micro Technical Support for assistance.