"Installation Incomplete... Error code: #1603, 3002, 0xe01a000f" error message appears when installing Trend Micro Security software
- Solution ID:1104103
- Last Updated:Mar. 15, 2018 9:51 PM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2015;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2015;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- "Installation Incomplete... Error code: #1603, 3002, 0xe01a000f" | Error Message | Trend Micro Security
You receive the following error message when installing your Trend Micro Security software:
The computer has not started running a service needed by the installer.
(error code: #1603, 3002, 0xe01a000f)
No changes have been made to your computer."
This happens when any of the following dependency services is not running:
- Base Filtering Engine (service name: BFE)
- Cryptographic Services (service name: CryptSvc)
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
To resolve the issue, do the following:
- Scan your computer using Trend Micro Rootkit Buster
To check for rootkit infection on your computer, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
Using the Trend Micro Rootkit Buster for Home Users
- Run the Uninstall Tool
To use the Uninstall Tool for your Trend Micro Security, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
Uninstalling Trend Micro Security software using the Uninstall Tool
- Run Firewall Recovery Tool
To run the Firewall Recovery Tool, refer to this Microsoft Support Knowledge Base article for instructions:
Automatically diagnose and fix problems with Windows Firewall.
- Install your Trend Micro Security
Installing your Trend Micro program program, refer to this Knowledge Base article for instructions:
Installing the latest version of Trend Micro Security program
Need Additional Help?
Monday to Friday (5AM - 8PM PST)
Monday to Friday (7AM - 7PM Sydney Time)
Monday to Friday 8:00 – 17:30 GMT
Monday to Friday (8AM - 5PM Local Time)
Monday to Friday (8AM – 5PM Manila Time)
Monday to Friday (9AM – 9PM India Time)