Enabling Trend Micro plug-ins or extensions on web browsers
- Solution ID:1104600
- Last Updated:Aug. 26, 2019 2:27 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus for Mac - 2018;Antivirus for Mac - 2019;Antivirus for Mac - 2020;Antivirus+ Security - 2018;Antivirus+ Security - 2019;Antivirus+ Security - 2020;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Internet Security - 2020;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2020;Password Manager - All;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2020;
- Enabling extensions on web browsers | Trend Micro Security
- Trend Micro Toolbar is missing from the browser
- Features of Trend Micro Toolbar are not working properly (e.g. Page Rating, Privacy Scanner, etc.)
- Unable to block websites that were added to the Exception Lists
- Privacy Scanner features were not applied or are not working
- Password Manager toolbar is missing from the browser
To enable your Trend Micro Security Toolbar, follow the steps below:
- Open the Trend Micro main console. Do either of the following:
- Double click the Trend Micro icon from your desktop.
- Double click the Trend Micro icon from your system tray.
- Click Settings .
- Go to Internet & Email Controls , then choose Web Threats.
- Make sure to tick the boxes for the following options:
- Block potentially dangerous websites
- Display the Trend Micro Toolbar on supported web browsers
- Prevent Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome from running malicious scripts on infected websites
- Click Apply, then click OK to save the changes.
- Check if the Trend Micro Toolbar is enabled in your browser. For instructions, choose from the following:
To enable extensions in Internet Explorer, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools > Manage Add-ons.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Make sure that the plug-ins published by Trend Micro are enabled. If not, select each of the plugin, then click Enable.
To enable extensions in Google Chrome, do the following:
- Open Google Chrome.
- On the address bar, type "chrome://extensions", then press ENTER.
- Make sure that the plug-ins published by Trend Micro are enabled. If not, toggle the switch to the right to turn it on.
To enable extensions in Mozilla Firefox, do the following:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- On the address bar, type "about:addons", then press ENTER.
- Make sure that the plug-ins published by Trend Micro are enabled. If not, click Enable at the right side of the plug-in to turn it on.
The Trend Micro Security extension works with Microsoft Edge to warn you about any security risks associated with the websites you try to visit. The extension should appear automatically in your web browser after you install it successfully from Microsoft Store.
To enable extensions in Microsoft Edge, do the following:
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- On the address bar, type "about:flags", then press ENTER.
- Select the Enable extension developer features checkbox.
To enable extensions in Apple Safari, do the following:
- Open Safari.
- Under the Safari menu, click Preferences.
- In the Preferences window, click the Extensions tab.
- Make sure the plug-ins published by Trend Micro are enabled.