Using the Data Theft Prevention feature of your Trend Micro Security software
- Solution ID: 1059133
- Last Updated: Feb. 13, 2018 9:45 PM (PST)
- Applies to: Internet Security - 2015, 2016, 2017;2018;Maximum Security - 2015, Maximum Security - 2016, Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2015, Premium Security - 2016, Premium Security - 2017;
- Setting up Data Theft Prevention | Trend Micro Security
Learn how to enable the Data Theft Prevention feature of your Trend Micro Security program.
Data Theft Prevention lets you protect sensitive data or information from being sent through the Internet.
This prevents hackers and spyware from stealing your information.
Data Theft Prevention works with the following applications:
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® (newest version)
- Microsoft® Edge
- Mozilla® Firefox® (newest and the most recent previous version)
- Google Chrome™ (newest and the most recent previous version)
- Yahoo!® Messenger 11.0, and 11.5
- Microsoft Outlook and other SMTP email programs
To use the Data Theft Prevention feature, do the following:
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software. Do either of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Beside the Data Theft Prevention, click Configure.
- On the Introduction page, click OK.
- Drag the slider to ON to enable Data Theft Prevention.
- Type the information that you want to protect in the Enter data to protect field.
- It is advised to enter at least 8 digits of your Credit Card number.
- The fields are case-sensitive. Example: "ABC" is different from "abc".
- Click New Category to add more categories.
- New categories can be created for any type of information that you want to protect (e.g. Email address, phone number, etc.).
- To protect multiple entries of the same category, the category name should be different by appending another character (e.g. Credit Card1).
- Click OK to save your settings.