Receiving email regarding Password Manager version 1.9 End of Support
You receive the email because you are still using an old version of Password Manager.
This article will teach you how to upgrade your Password Manager to the latest version and the ways to export your passwords for future use.
- Check the version of the Password Manager
OPTION 1: From Programs and Features
OPTION 2: From Main Console
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys.
- In the Open field, type "appwiz.cpl", then press ENTER. The Programs and Features window will open.
- Look for Trend Micro Password Manager, then look for the version number.
If your Password Manager is version 1.9, proceed to STEP 2.
- Open the main console and if it shows the same window, proceed to STEP 2.
- Check if your computer supports the latest version of Password Manager
To check the system requirements of the latest version of Password Manager, visit this Knowledge Base article: System Requirements for Password Manager.
If it no longer supports your computer, you can export the passwords for personal use and also create a copy of your credentials to import to a computer with the minimum requirements supported by Trend Micro Password Manager. Click here for the instructions.
- Upgrade your Password Manager to the latest version
Click the Download button below to download the installer.
- Double-click TrendMicroPasswordManager_MUI.exe to run it.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Wait as the installer extracts the files it needs, then click Next.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Agree and Install.
- Click OK if you received a notification to uninstall the old version of Password Manager.
- Sign in with your Trend Micro MyAccount.