Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Password Manager
This article answers frequently asked questions about Password Manager.
Password Manager is a free secure password manager that stores and protects your login credentials, while providing additional protection against online threats.
With Password Manager, you only have to remember one password. It is an extremely convenient way to conduct your online business.
Password Manager offers the following secure features:
- A secure password generator
- An automatic form-filler
- A provision to store confidential notes
- A secure browser for banking and financial websites
Password Manager also allows you to sync your data on your mobile devices or tablet so you have your data wherever you go.
Password Manager offers a free and paid version:
- The free version allows you to store 5 passwords and 5 Secure Notes.
- The paid version allows you to store an unlimited number of websites or passwords and an unlimited number of Secure Notes for an annual fee.
Secure Notes are text-based entries that you store in Password Manager. These are securely encrypted so you can put sensitive information such as:
- Passwords for other software
- Personal identitfication details
- PIN or security codes
These will be saved in the cloud so you can access them anywhere with devices such as mobile or tablet where you have Password Manager installed.
For more information about this feature, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
Using the Secure Note feature of Password Manager.
Password Manager automatically syncs every 30 minutes.
Trend Micro does not keep a copy of your Master Password and cannot help you retrieve it.
Your Master Password is the only password you need to remember when using Password Manager. You use it every time you open the Password Manager console.
You can refer to this Knowledge Base article for more information about the Master Password:
Setting and configuring the Master Password of Password Manager
For additional security, you can lock your Password Manager console when it is not in use. You can unlock it by providing your Master Password. Follow the steps below:
For Windows or Mac PC
- Open your Internet browser, then click the Password Manager icon.
- Click the lock icon, then click Lock when a confirmation window appears.
To unlock, follow the steps below:
- Click the Password Manager icon.
- Type your Master Password, then click Unlock.
For Android or iOS devices
- Open the Password Manager app.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Tap Lock Password Manager Now.
Auto-fill feature is disabled by default. To enable it, do the following:
- Open your browser, then click the Password Manager icon.
- Enter your Master Password when prompted to unlock.
- On the upper right corner, click the menu icon, then click Settings.
- Go to Other tab.
- Under "Turn on Form Filling", tick Fill in forms automatically on this device.
- Close the Settings window.
Purchase and Subscription
The free version does not expire. You can use it continuously but you are limited to 5 Passwords but you cannot sort them.
For unlimited passwords, upgrade to the paid version.
The paid version is available for $14.95 for 1 year and $24.95 for 2 years.
Pricing may change without prior notice. For the latest pricing, visit the Trend Micro website.
Once you renew, the rest will be enabled again.
No. Trend Micro Password Manager is account-based and one license can be registered under one Trend Micro account. It cannot be shared with other users; however, a user can install it on multiple devices using the same Trend Micro Account.
Yes, it is compatible with Windows 10.
Password Manager Toolbar is not yet available for Microsoft Edge. You can still enjoy the features of the program on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
For both the free and paid versions, you can install Password Manager on any number of supported computers or devices (such as mobile phones or tablets).
Password Manager supports all of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- macOS Mojave (10.14), macOS High Sierra (10.13)
- Google Android 5.0/5.1/6.0/7.0/7.1/8.0/8.1/9.0
- iOS 11.0/11.1/11.2/11.3/11.4/12.0
Password Manager does not support the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer. It only supports the following Windows browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (or higher)
- Mozilla Firefox (latest two versions)
- Google Chrome (latest two versions)
Password Manager does not conflict with any antivirus products.
To ensure that Password Manager runs smoothly, you must remove the following conflicting software:
If you have this program, follow the steps below:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Select the program, then click Uninstall.
If you encounter issues with this program, visit their support website.
Google Chrome started to tighten their security with the release of Google Chrome 71. Browser extensions should only be downloaded from their Web Store.
Get help directly from Trend Micro support experts. Get your questions answered and problems solved!