Using the Wi-Fi Checker feature in Mobile Security for iOS
The Wi-Fi Checker feature of Mobile Security checks if your Wi-Fi connection is safe. It also alerts you to the security risks by scanning for suspicious interference whenever you are connected to an unsecured Wi-Fi.
- It can intercept your login credentials, then use it to gather useful information.
- Information from your device can be collected and altered, thus, you can be subject to identity theft.
- Connected device can be infected and can be used in distributing and spreading infection.
Here are some tips when using possible unsafe Wi-Fi connections:
- Assume whatever you do is visible to others.
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi for banking or any financial transactions.
- Make sure the web address starts with “https” which indicates secure site before you enter your credit card information.
- Avoid conducting business on a public Wi-Fi. Confidential information might be visible to others.
- Disable wireless feature if you are not using it.
- Consider that many webmail sites are not secure. Your computer may automatically download malicious application and potentially allow others to see your emails.
- Make sure you are using a real hotspot. Cybercriminals may set up phony hotspots to steal information.
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi Checker feature of your Mobile Security is always enabled.
To enable the Wi-Fi Checker feature, do the following:
On your device, open Mobile Security app.
Tap Wi-Fi Checker.
Tap the icon to turn on the Wi-Fi Checker.