Using SafeSurfing with Mobile Security for iOS
Mobile Security can block unsafe websites based on the level of protection that you choose. Below are the different protection levels that you can choose:
- High - provides the most protection by blocking websites that show any signs of fraud or hosting malicious software.
- Normal - provides appropriate protection for everyday use without aggressively blocking minor risks, so Trend Micro recommends this setting.
- Low - blocks only websites that have been confirmed as fraudulent or dangerous.
Note: The SafeSurfing feature can also be used to check suspicious links before accessing them. Copy any link that looks suspicious and paste it into SafeSurfing to check if it poses as a risk.
You can configure SafeSurfing from the Settings screen. To do this, follow the steps below:
- On the main screen, tap Settings.
- Under Web Threat Protection, you can change the protection level by doing the following:
- Turn on the switch next to SafeSurfing
- Tap Filtering Level
- Choose among the protection levels:
- Under SafeSurfing, you can change the following settings:
- Open Browser at Startup
- Do Not Track
To open a new website without closing any existing page, do the following:
- On the SafeSurfing browser, tap the icon at the bottom of the screen, then tap +. This will open a new page.
- Provide the address of a website in the bar at the top of the screen (or use the search bar to find it), and tap Go.
To close websites, do the following:
- On the SafeSurfing browser, tap at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap X located at the top right corner of the webpage you want to close.
To view or clear your browsing history, do the following:
- On the main screen, tap SafeSurfing.
- On the SafeSurfing browser, tap Clear.
- Choose your desired action:
- Clear History
- Clear Cache and Cookies
- Clear All
To add a Bookmark, do the following:
- Provide the address of a website in the bar at the top of the screen, and then tap Go.
- Tap the Share icon.
- Tap Add Bookmark, then tap Save.
To delete a bookmark, do the following:
- Tap .
- Tap Edit, then tap the - icon for the webpage you want to delete, then tap Delete.
- Tap Done.