Scheduled scan of Trend Micro Security software is not working
- Solution ID:1058495
- Last Updated:Mar. 12, 2018 1:56 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- Scheduled Scan Not Working | Trend Micro Security
The scheduled scan of your Trend Micro Security program does not work. This happens because of either the following:
- You have a special screen saver running.
- Your computer is on hibernation mode.
To resolve this issue, do either of the following options:
Screensavers that have an Open GL component or those you compiled (My Pictures) have unique characteristics similar to Full Screen mode. When your Trend Micro Security detects a program on Full Screen mode, it will defer scanning to prioritize the current activity on your computer. To disable your screensaver, do the following depending on your Operating System:
To disable your screensaver in Windows 8/8.1/10, do the following:
- Right click on an empty space on your desktop screen, then click Personalize.
- On the Personalization window, click Screen Saver.
- On the Screen Saver Setting window, choose None under Screen Saver.
- Click Apply, then click OK.
To disable your screensaver in Windows 7, do the following:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Display.
- Click the Screen Saver tab.
- Select (None) in the Screen saver drop down list.
- Click OK.
To disable Windows Hibernation mode, do the following depending on your Operating System:
To disable Windows Hibernation mode in Windows 10/8/8.1, do the following:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + X keys, then choose Control Panel.
- On the upper right part on the window, change View By: to Small icons.
- Click Power Options.
- On the left pane of the Power Options window, click Choose what the power buttons does option.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable option from the top.
- Under the Shutdown settings section, uncheck the Hibernate checkbox.
- Click Save changes to allow the changes to take effect.
- Right-click your desktop, then select Properties.
- Click Screen Saver tab.
- Click Power.
- Click the Hibernate tab.
- Untick Enable hibernation.
- Click OK, then click OK.
If the scheduled scan still does not work after performing all of the options above, contact Trend Micro Technical Support for assistance.