Enabling the Trend Micro Toolbar on supported browsers
- Solution ID:1104189
- Last Updated:Feb. 18, 2019 2:15 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2017;2018;2019;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- Enabling Trend Micro Toolbar | Trend Micro Security
You encounter the following message when checking the settings of your Trend Micro Security program:
"To get this protection, you must first enable some feature in web browsers."
This notification appears when the Trend Micro Toolbar is disabled on any of the following web browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
Microsoft Edge and Opera web browsers are currently not supported by the Trend Micro toolbar.
The Trend Micro Toolbar works with your web browsers to warn you about any security risks associated with the websites you try to visit. The Trend Micro Toolbar should appear automatically in your web browsers if you select Display the Trend Micro Toolbar on supported web browsers under Internet & Email Controls > Web Threats.
Choose your browser for instructions on how to enable the toolbar:
To enable the toolbar on Internet Explorer, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the gear icon on the upper right hand corner.
- Click Manage add-ons.
- Click Trend Micro Toolbar, then click Enable.
- Select all Trend Micro Toolbars, then click Enable.
Tick the check box before the following:
- TmIEPlugInBHO Class
- TmBpleBHO Class
- Click Close.
The Trend Micro Toolbar will now be enabled and visible.
To enable the toolbar on Google Chrome, do the following:
Click the Store icon below to go to Google Chrome Web Store:
- Click Free to download the Trend Micro Toolbar.
- Click Add when the Confirm New Extension window appears.
A notification saying "Trend Micro Toolbar has been added to Chrome." will appear.
You will now see the Trend Micro Toolbar icon on the upper-right part of Google Chrome.
To enable the toolbar on Mozilla Firefox, do the following:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Click Open menu.
- Click Add-ons.
- Click Enable on the following Trend Micro entries:
- Trend Micro BEP Firefox Extension
- Trend Micro Osprey Firefox Extension
- Trend Micro Toolbar
For Mozilla Firefox version 57.0, the only available extension is Trend Micro Toolbar. Trend Micro BEP Firefox Extension and Trend Micro Osprey Extension are already included in Trend Micro Toolbar.
- Restart Firefox by clicking Restart now.
- Close the Add-ons Manager Tab.
The Trend Micro Toolbar should now appear.
Microsoft has not yet provided a way to build extensions/add-ons for us to deliver the same functionality and protection we do in IE11. Once that becomes available, we will definitely create our TrendProtect Toolbar.
Trend Micro still provides the following security to your browsing sessions with Edge:
In addition, PC Health Checkup also supports Edge which allows you to clean privacy data and use its proxy settings to connect to the internet. Security Report will also contain the optimization done by Trend Micro Security on Edge browser.