"Installation Incomplete... Error Code: #0, 0, 0x00000000" error message appears when installing Trend Micro Security software
- Solution ID:1104182
- Last Updated:Oct. 15, 2019 1:34 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2018, Antivirus+ Security - 2019;Antivirus+ Security - 2020;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Internet Security - 2020;Maximum Security - 2018;2019;2020;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2020;
- Fix "Installation Incomplete... Error Code: #0, 0, 0x00000000" error message
You receive the following error message while installing your Trend Micro security software:
A problem prevented the installer from completely setting up Trend Micro Security.
(error code: #0, 0, 0x00000000)
No changes have been made to this computer."
This happens when the value of the Windows environment Path variable disappears from the computer which prevents the installation of your Trend Micro security software.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:
- Run the Uninstall Tool
For complete instructions on how to remove your Trend Micro Security using the Uninstall Tool, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Uninstalling Trend Micro Security software on your Windows PC.
- Stop the Windows Installer Process
To stop Windows Installer process, do the following:
Download stop_msiexec.zip by clicking the download button below:
- Right-click stop_msiexec.zip, then select Extract here.
After extraction is complete. A new file named stop_msiexec.bat should appear.
- Right-click stop_msiexec.bat, then select Run as administrator.
- Press any key to continue.
- Reinstall your Trend Micro Security
For complete instructions on how to reinstall your Trend Micro Security program to the latest version, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Reinstalling the latest version of Trend Micro Security program using the Reinstall Tool.