Using the Trend Micro Anti-Threat Toolkit to remove malware infection
- Solution ID:1097554
- Last Updated:Oct. 01, 2019 2:02 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2018;2019;2020;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Internet Security - 2020;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2020;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2020;
- How to Use Trend Micro Anti-Threat Toolkit to remove malware infection
Learn how to use the Trend Micro Anti-Threat Toolkit (ATTK) to remove malware infection.
To remove malware on infected computers, do the following:
- Download the Anti-Threat Toolkit:
For computers with Internet connection
For computers without Internet connection
To know what operating system type you're on, see the link below.
How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system
- Read the Trend Micro License Agreement. Once you click I Accept, the download will start.
- Log on to the computer that is infected by a malware. Copy the Anti-Threat Toolkit into the infected computer.
- After copying the Anti-Threat Toolkit, right-click on the tool and then click Run as administrator.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Click Scan Now when the Trend Micro Anti-Threat Toolkit window appears.
The scan may take some time. The tool will scan your computer and list the threats it finds.
- The tool will show a summary of the scan. Click Fix Now to clean your computer.
- Click Close to close the Anti-Threat Toolkit after your computer has been cleaned.
- Click Proceed to send the information the tool collected to Trend Micro Technical Support.
You will receive a temporary ID number that you can use when you contact Trend Micro Technical Support and a Trend Micro Anti-Threat Toolkit folder will appear on the same folder where you ran the tool.
- Go to Trend Micro Anti-Threat Toolkit folder > Output.
You will find a .ZIP file with the filename containing the timestamp and GUID.
- Do either of the following if you still need help after you cleaned your computer:
- If you have an existing case, send the .ZIP file together with the temporary ID number to the engineer who is handling your case.
- If you do not have an existing case, send the .ZIP file to our Technical Support for analysis.