“Your Computer is Not Protected” error message appears when using Trend Micro Security
- Solution ID:1111687
- Last Updated:Sep. 26, 2018 5:17 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016, 2017;2018;2019;Internet Security - 2016, Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2016, Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2016, Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- "Your Computer is Not Protected" error message | Trend Micro Security
You receive the following message from your Trend Micro Security:
“Your Computer is Not Protected. Trend Micro Security did not make the necessary changes to complete your upgrade. To get protected, click the Trend Micro Security installer shortcut on your desktop to fully install Trend Micro Security on your computer.”
This can happen when the upgrade to the latest version of Trend Micro Security is triggered, but you clicked No on the User Account Control prompt to install the upgrade.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
- Every year, we release a new program version and we notify customers by sending an email and/or displaying a pop-up message from your Trend Micro Security software. Trend Micro recommends that you always upgrade your Trend Micro Security software to the latest version to ensure that you have the latest protection and prevent product issues.
- Settings on your program will not be modified after the upgrade.
- There will be NO charge for the upgrade to the latest version. Your existing expiry date will be retained.
To complete the upgrade to the latest version of the Trend Micro Security, do the following:
- On your Desktop, double-click the Trend Micro Security installer icon.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Wait for the installer to extract the files needed for the installation.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.