Receiving “Trend Micro Security protected you from a risky message” email notification from Trend Micro
- Solution ID:1095329
- Last Updated:Mar. 05, 2019 2:55 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2017;2018;2019;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- Calendar invites and emails are converted to text files | Trend Micro Security
Your calendar invites and email messages with more than 10 attachments will be converted to text files. This happens because the content of the email header is too large. Example: too many recipients or too many attachments.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
Trend Micro Security has a default limit to the header content. When the header content reached this limit, you will be notified via email: “Trend Micro Security protected you from a risky message” . The original email will be renamed as "original.txt" and will be attached to the email notification. You can change the header content limit by modifying the registry.
To change the header content limit, do the following:
- Disable your Trend Micro Security software. To do this, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Disabling or enabling your Trend Micro Security software.
Click the button below to download the OutlookAttachmentFix.exe:
- Right-click the EmailAttachmentFix.exe icon, then choose Run as Administrator.
- Wait until "The operation completed successfully!" message appears.
- Press any key to exit.
- Restart your computer.