Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Privacy Scanner of Antivirus for Mac
Get answers to commonly asked questions about the Privacy Scanner of your Antivirus for Mac.
To know about the commonly asked questions about the Privacy Scanner of your Antivirus for Mac, click on the questions below:
The Privacy Scanner does not appear because the Trend Micro toolbar is not enabled in your browsers.
To enable the toolbar, do the following:
- On your keyboard, press the COMMAND + Q keys at the same time. This will close your browser completely.
- Open the main console of your Antivirus for Mac. Do the following:
- Click the Trend Micro icon on the menu bar.
- Click Open Trend Micro Antivirus....
- Click Web, then click Toolbar.
- Enable the Trend Micro Toolbar for the browser that does not show it.
If the toolbar is already enabled, try to disable, then reenable the toolbar again.
- Open the browser and make sure that the Trend Micro Toolbar now appears.
You must stay signed into Facebook, or Twitter for Privacy Scanner to work. How you do that depends on the website. You also must not close the tab that the Privacy Scanner automatically opens.
If you close the browser tab opened by the Privacy Scanner before it has finished making changes, your privacy settings will not be saved.
This error message appears if something unexpected happens. To solve the problem, do the following:
- Make sure that your computer can connect to the Internet.
- Do not close any browser tabs opened by the Privacy Scanner until it has finished.