Installing Antivirus for Mac
Learn how to download, install, and activate Antivirus for Mac 2018. The solution below is also applicable for the following scenarios:
- Your Mac does not have a CD drive
- You do not have or have lost your Antivirus for Mac CD installer
For installation instructions, follow the steps below:
STEP 1. Make sure your Mac meets the system requirements
To check if your Mac meets the system requirements, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
System Requirements for Trend Micro Security for Mac.
STEP 2: Download
Download the disk image (.DMG) or installer file, then save it to your desktop.
- Open the Antivirus for Mac installer.
- Click Install Trend Micro Antivirus.
- Click Open on the security warning to continue the installation.
- Click Continue.
STEP 3: Introduction
- Click Continue on the Welcome screen.
STEP 4: License Agreement
- Read the License Agreement, then click Continue.
- Click Agree when prompted to accept the License Agreement.
You can click Disagree if you do not agree with the terms of the License Agreement but this will automatically terminate the installation process.
STEP 5: Serial Number
- Type your serial number on the field provided, then click Continue.
You can find the serial number from the CD sleeve or Order Confirmation email.
If you want to install the trial version, select Start a free trial of Trend Micro Antivirus, then click Continue.
STEP 6: Installation
- Click Install .
- Type your administrator password, then click Install Software.
The administrator password is created when you first set up your Mac operating system. Wait while the Trend Micro components are installed onto your Mac.
STEP 7: Subscription
- Provide your email address, then click Continue.
STEP 8: Summary
- Click Close after the installation is done.
Last Updated: Sep. 13, 2017 5:26 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1118020