"Protection Disabled" error message appears when opening the Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac
"Free Security Update for Your New Version of MacOS
To keep protecting this Mac, you need a newer version of your Trend Micro security software"
You encounter this message because the version of Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac installed on your computer is not the latest version.
The latest version of Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac that supports MacOS Sierra or MacOS High Sierra is now available to download and install.
This solution also applies to Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac purchased from Best Buy.
- Download and install the program
To install the new program, do the following:
Click on Download Now button from the message box.
- Open the Antivirus for Mac installer.
- Click Install Trend Micro Antivirus.
- Click Open on the security warning to continue the installation.
- Click Continue.
- Click Continue on the Welcome screen.
- Read the Privacy and Policy Data Collection Disclosure, then click Continue.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Continue.
- Click Agree when prompted to accept the License Agreement.
You can click Disagree if you do not agree with the terms of the License Agreement but this will automatically terminate the installation process.
- Type your serial number on the field provided, then click Continue.
You can find the serial number from the CD sleeve or Order Confirmation email.
If you want to install the trial version, select Start a free trial of Trend Micro Antivirus, then click Continue.
- Click Install.
- Type your administrator password, then click Install Software.
Wait while the Trend Micro components are installed onto your Mac.
- Provide your email address, then click Continue.
- Click Close after the installation is done.
Need Additional Help?
Monday to Friday (5AM - 8PM PST)
Monday to Friday (7AM - 7PM Sydney Time)
Monday to Friday 8:00 – 17:30 GMT
Monday to Friday (8AM - 5PM Local Time)
Monday to Friday (8AM – 5PM Manila Time)
Monday to Friday (9AM – 9PM India Time)