Pop-up messages appearing on your computer when using the Mute Mode feature of Trend Micro Security
- Solution ID:1123675
- Last Updated:Sep. 30, 2019 1:26 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2018, Antivirus+ Security - 2019, Antivirus+ Security - 2020;Internet Security - 2018, Internet Security - 2019, Internet Security - 2020;Maximum Security - 2018, 2019, 2020;Premium Security - 2018, Premium Security - 2019, Premium Security - 2020;
- Fix Mute Mode Pop Up Messages
This article lists the following pop-up notifications when the Mute Mode feature of Trend Micro Security is enabled.
Mute Mode Has Ended
This pop-up appears when the period of time you scheduled for Mute Mode has ended.
"Mute Mode Has Ended
Scheduled scans and detection notifications will be enabled again."
Click Stay in Mute Mode for 2 more hours to extend Mute Mode for another 2 hours.
If you do not want to see this message every time Mute Mode ends, click Do not show this again.
Mute Mode Has Been Turned Off
This pop-up appears when you have stayed in Mute Mode for 24 hours after extending it manually. Trend Micro Security does not allow enabling Mute Mode for this long as you might miss important updates, scans, and detection notification.
"Mute Mode Has Been Turned Off
To ensure that you don't miss anything important, you can only stay in Mute Mode for up to 24 hours. Scheduled scans and detection notifications will be enabled again."
Should you want to enable Mute Mode again, click Open settings.
When there are detected threats while Mute Mode is enabled, a summary of threats detected on your computer will appear when Mute Mode ends.
"_ Threats Resolved
For your safety, some security threats were blocked or removed during Mute Mode."
If you wish to know more about the threats that were detected, click More details… on the popup message. You can also access these reports via the Main Console.
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software. Do either of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray.
- Click Security Reports.
- Under Security Threats, click See more details.