[Hotfix] Unable to start Trend Micro Security software
- Solution ID:1120445
- Last Updated:Sep. 26, 2018 5:17 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2018;Antivirus+ Security - 2019;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2018;2019;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- [Hotfix] Unable to start Trend Micro Security software
You encounter any of the following issues below:
- Trend Micro icon on the system tray is either stuck on “Now Scanning” or "Starting your Protection"
- The Trend Micro program keeps on turning ON and OFF
- The Trend Micro icon on the system tray is missing
To resolve the issue, follow the steps below to run the hotfix.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
To install this hotfix, you must log onto your computer using an account with administrator privileges. If you have installed software on your computer before, you probably have these privileges.
We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
To resolve the issue, make sure you are using the latest version of Trend Micro Security. Check if you already have the latest version or follow the instructions here to upgrade Trend Micro Security to the latest version.
If your computer is already running the latest version and you still encounter the error message, run the hotfix by following the steps below:
Click the button below to download the hotfix:Download Hotfix
- Right-click the Ti_1200_win_en_Platinum_hfb1277.exe icon, then select Run as administrator.
- Accept the License Agreement, then click Next.
- Click Install.
- When a warning window appears, click Yes.
- Restart your computer.
- Open your Trend Micro security program.
- Perform a scan.