Important Information for Trend Micro Solutions and Microsoft January 2018 Security Updates
On January 3, 2018, Microsoft began to release its monthly Security Bulletin early due to the newly revealed CPU security flaws. Microsoft's January 2018 monthly update implements new requirements to ensure that security and anti-virus software is compatible.
Customers running any version of Trend Micro Security will require a new Microsoft Windows registry key to allow the Windows Update to automatically occur. Microsoft is not providing a tool to add this registry key, therefore Trend Micro is offering several options, to ensure customers are able to receive the January Microsoft patches as quickly possible in conjunction with Trend Micro security software deployment.
Here are the available options:
- Back up your Windows System Registry.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys.
- In the Open field, type "regedit", then press ENTER. The Registry Editor window should open.
- Add the following Registry Key:
- Value Name =cadca5fe-87d3-4b96-b7fb-a231484277cc
Contact Trend Micro Technical Support for assistance or you may also check these additional references: