“Key Reinstallation AttaCK (KRACK) - WPA2 Vulnerability” notification
- Solution ID:1118590
- Last Updated:Jul. 04, 2018 2:45 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus for Mac - 2018;Antivirus+ Security - 2018;Home Network Security - All;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2018;Mobile Security for Android - All;Mobile Security for iOS - All;Password Manager - All;Premium Security - 2018;
- Key Reinstallation AttaCK (KRACK) - WPA2 Vulnerability | Trend Micro
You received this notification because a vulnerability in your Wi-Fi connection was detected.
A Key Reinstallation AttaCK (KRACK) vulnerability allows attackers within range of vulnerable Wi-Fi enabled devices or access points to intercept passwords, messages, and other data.
What are the possible risks?
Attackers could steal information such as account credentials, messages, and confidential information.
How can I prevent this from happening?
- Update Wi-Fi-enabled devices, routers, or the firmware of other hardware whenever possible. Alternatively, switch to Ethernet/wired connections until the vulnerabilities are patched.
- Use a Virtual Private Network, especially when remotely accessing corporate assets.
- Configure the service set identifier (SSID) in a way to lower the chance that strangers can discover the Wi-Fi connection/network.
How do I protect my devices?
Protect Your Devices. Get Home Network Security.