Using the Trend Micro WCRY Simple Patch Validation Tool
- Solution ID:1117416
- Last Updated:Mar. 21, 2018 6:51 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2018;2017;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2017;
- Trend Micro WCRY Simple Patch Validation Tool | Trend Micro Security
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
This tool is provided as-is, without warranties of any kind. It is meant to assist customers in emergency troubleshooting, and is not guaranteed to be error-free. Please click here for further information about the terms and conditions on Trend Micro tools.
Due to the vulnerability of SMB v1, remote code execution may be conducted on a computer. This will allow attackers to drop the WCRY (WannaCry) Ransomware and other infections on a computer. Trend Micro WCRY Simple Patch Validation Tool is a simple tool that can perform the following:
- checks if Microsoft’s MS17-010 patch has been successfully applied on the computer
- offers and allows user to disable SMB v1 on computer through registry key
Note: SMB v1 or Server Message Block version 1 is a protocol used to provide access to shared folders, printers or other peripherals between the network.
To use the WCRY Simple Patch Validation Tool, do the following:
Click the button below to download the Trend Micro WCRY Simple Patch Validation Tool:
- Double-click the supportcustomizedpackage-ms17-010-chk.exe icon to run it.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control appears.
- Click OK once the confirmation window appears.
Note: If the tool detects that your computer does not have the required security patch, you need to update your Windows PC first.
- Click Yes to disable SMBv1 on your computer. Otherwise, click No to end the process.
- Once the SMBv1 is disabled, click Yes to restart the computer.