Using the Trend Micro WCRY Simple Patch Validation Tool
Due to the vulnerability of SMB v1, remote code execution may be conducted on a computer. This will allow attackers to drop the WCRY (WannaCry) Ransomware and other infections on a computer. Trend Micro WCRY Simple Patch Validation Tool is a simple tool that can perform the following:
- checks if Microsoft’s MS17-010 patch has been successfully applied on the computer
- offers and allows user to disable SMB v1 on computer through registry key
- Click the button below to download the Trend Micro WCRY Simple Patch Validation Tool:
- Double-click the supportcustomizedpackage-ms17-010-chk.exe icon to run it.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control appears.
- Click OK once the confirmation window appears.
- Click Yes to disable SMBv1 on your computer. Otherwise, click No to end the process.
- Once the SMBv1 is disabled, click Yes to restart the computer.
Last Updated: Jul. 14, 2017 12:53 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1117416