Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Auto-Renew of Home Network Security
Auto-Renew (also known as AutoRenew or Automatic Renewal) is a service offered by Trend Micro and its online store, Digital River. For your convenience, it is designed to automatically extend your subscription right before it is due to expire, which means that you will not have to manually perform the renewal process.
Advantages of having an Automatic Renewal plan:
- No worries in losing protection for any certain period of time.
- Automatic Renewal is a more convenient way in paying the annual subscription than having to renew manually.
If you are not subscribed to automatic renewal, and you wish to renew manually, follow the instructions from this knowledge base article: Renewing your Home Network Security.
Below are frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Auto-Renew program available for Trend Micro Home Network Security. Click on a question to view the answer:
To enroll for automatic renewal, do the following:
- Go to the Welcome Web Portal.
- Click Set Up Auto-Renew.
- Type the Pairing Code, then click Next.
- Follow the prompts to enter your billing information, then enroll to auto-renewal.
- Click Download App.
Note: You will receive an Order Confirmation Email to confirm your placed order.
Below are the renewal prices depending on your region.
|Australia and New Zealand||$99.00|
To disable/cancel automatic renewal, do the following:
- Go to Trend Micro Account.
- Type your email address and password, then click Sign In.
- If you forgot the registered email address but you have the serial number, click Forgot which address you used before?
- If you forgot the password, click Forgot password?
- If you are unable to disable the Auto-Renewal and the registered email address is already inactive, contact our Technical Support for assistance.
- Look for your Home Network Security license or Pairing code.
Click the green Auto-Renew ON slider.
- Type your order number and password, then click Find.
Note: Your Order Number and password can be found in your Order Confirmation Email.
- Click Manage Subscription.
- Select Off for Automatic Renewals.
To change your billing information you need to call our technical support team for assistance or you can turn off your Auto Renewal service and then on your next renewal you have to manually renew your subscription and provide the updated billing information.
The new billing address that you provided will reflect on the order confirmation on your next Auto Renewal
If you have already used My Account to verify that your subscription is enrolled with the Auto-Renewal program and noticed that your expired license is still not renewed, contact our Technical Support for assistance.
The automatic renewal feature will not be cancelled, you need to manually disable it from your Trend Micro Account.
This message is usually sent if you have changed your credit card information or the credit card account is no longer valid. In this case, you will need to manually renew your subscription.
This happens when the Automatic Renewal (Auto Renew) fails to renew your program because of any of the following:
- Your credit card has expired or the details are not correct and should be updated.
- Your preauthorization has failed. Authorization hold is the practice within the banking industry of authorizing electronic transactions done through a debit or credit card. This held balance will be unavailable until either of the following:
- The merchant clears the transaction or settlement.
- The hold "falls off".
To resolve this issue, do either of the following:
- Contact Digital River, Trend Micro's online reseller and merchant of record, regarding your credit card account:
- Australia: 1-300-730-160
- New Zealand: 0-800-507-902
- Check if your credit card account needs to be updated with Digital River.
- Contact your bank regarding the issue.