Using the Trend Micro Permission Tool
- Solution ID:1112254
- Last Updated:Sep. 26, 2018 5:22 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2017;2018;2019;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- Resolving permission issue | Permission Tool | Trend Micro Security
Learn how to download and install the Permission Tool of Trend Micro Security to fix permission issues.
This hotfix adjusts the necessary registry key, file, and folder permissions for all Trend Micro Security software components.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
To install the Permission Tool, you must log onto your computer using an account with administrator privileges.
If you have installed software on your computer before, you probably have these privileges.
We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
To use the Trend Micro Permission Tool, follow the steps below:
Click the button below to download the Permission Tool:
- Double-click Ti_all_win_en_RegKeyFolderPermissionRecover_Tool0001.exe to run it.
- Click I accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click OK.
- Restart your computer.