Uninstalling Trend Micro Security software using the Uninstall Tool
- Solution ID:1115650
- Last Updated:Mar. 15, 2018 11:53 PM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2017;2016;2018;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2018;
- Uninstall using Uninstall Tool | Trend Micro Security
You encounter any of the following issues with your Trend Micro Security software:
- You are having permission issues when upgrading to the latest Trend Micro Security software.
- Serial Number is asked repeatedly during installation.
- Continuous "Restart Required" error message appears when installing your Trend Micro Security software.
- You are having issues uninstalling your Trend Micro Security.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
To install the Uninstall Tool, you must log onto your computer using an account with administrator privileges.
If you have installed software on your computer before, you probably have these privileges.
We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
Run the Uninstall Tool to remove the remnants of your previous installation. Do the following:
Download the Uninstall Tool by clicking the download button below:
- Double-click Ti_120_win_en_Tool_UninstallTool_hfb0001.exe to run the tool.
Click Yes when the User Account Control Window appears.
- Read the License Agreement, click I accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
- Click Install.
- Wait for the Hotfix to finish the installation, then click OK.
- Click Uninstall Software.
- Enter the captcha characters, then click Continue.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click Yes when prompted to restart your computer.
After your computer restarts, your Trend Micro Security will be successfully removed.