Installing the trial version of Trend Micro Security
- Solution ID: 1111691
- Last Updated: Mar. 14, 2018 12:39 AM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- Installing trial version | Trend Micro Security
Learn how to download, install and activate the trial version of the following Trend Micro Security software:
- Antivirus+ Security
- Internet Security
- Maximum Security
- Premium Security
- Antivirus for Mac
Choose below whether you are using a Windows PC or a Mac:
To install the trial version of Trend Micro Security software, follow the steps below:
- Before installing the Trend Micro Security software, make sure that:
Download the installer file below:
- Double-click the installer file to start the installation.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears and wait for the installer to extract the files needed.
Select Trial version, then click Next.
Read the terms of the License Agreement, then click Agree and Install.
Wait as the program installs, this may take a couple of minutes.
Type your email address, then click Finish.
The main console will now appear.
To install the trial version of Antivirus for Mac, do the following:
- Download Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac installer file below:
- Open the Antivirus for Mac installer.
- Click Install Trend Micro Antivirus.
- Click Open on the security warning to continue the installation.
- Click Continue.
- Click Continue on the Welcome screen.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Continue.
- Click Agree when prompted to accept the License Agreement.
If you do not agree with the terms of the License Agreement, click Disagree.
However, clicking Disagree will automatically terminate the installation process.
- Tick Start a free trial of Trend Micro Antivirus, then click Continue.
- Click Install.
- Type your administrator password, then click Install Software.
The administrator password is created when you first set up your Mac operating system.
Wait while the Trend Micro components are installed onto your Mac.
- Provide your email address, then click Continue.
- Click Close after the installation is done.