Keeps getting an email that Trend Micro Security subscription is about to expire
- Solution ID:1109412
- Last Updated:Sep. 26, 2018 5:18 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016, 2017;2018;2019;Internet Security - 2016, Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2016, Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2016, Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- Keeps getting that subscription is about to expire | Trend Micro Security
Learn what to do when you keep on getting an email that your Trend Micro subscription is about to expire.
This can happen in any of the following scenarios:
- You have an existing Trend Micro subscription that is about to expire
- You purchased a new Trend Micro subscription without disabling your old subscription
- You have not yet activated your new serial number after upgrading your existing subscription
If your subscription is not yet renewed and it is not subscribed to the Automatic Renewal program, you can manually extend your subscription by following the steps below:
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro program. Do either of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on the system tray.
- Click the expiration date in the subscription section.
- Click Renew Now. You will be directed to the purchase website.
- Select any of the following renewal options:
- 1-year renewal
- 2-year renewal
- Click Buy Now. You will see the Shopping Cart page with a list of your purchases.
- Type your information on the fields provided in the Billing & Payment Information page.
Accepted payment methods for renewal:
- Credit Card
- Click I Agree and Continue to confirm your purchase.
- Read the End User License Agreement, then click Place Secure Order.
A page will appear to confirm your successful purchase. You will also receive an Order Confirmation email and your subscription should be extended within 24 to 48 hours.
For more information regarding the renewal of the program, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about purchasing a renewal online.
If your license is subscribed to the Automatic Renewal program, you don't need to do anything because your Trend Micro subscription will be automatically extended.
For more information about the Automatic Renewal program, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Auto-Renew.
Check the Serial Number in the order confirmation if it is the same with your previous subscription's Serial Number.
- If the Serial Number is the same, wait for 24-48 hours for the expiry date to be extended. Otherwise, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Receiving an email saying that Trend Micro program has expired.
- If the Serial Number is different, you might have renewed or purchased a separate subscription and you were given a new Serial Number that you need to activate.