Finding duplicate files using PC Health Checkup of Trend Micro Security
- Solution ID:1109397
- Last Updated:Aug. 29, 2019 6:25 PM (PST)
- Applies to:Internet Security - 2018;2019;2020;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2020;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2020;
- Using PC Health Checkup to find duplicate files | Trend Micro Security
The PC Health Checkup feature of your Trend Micro Security software allows you to find duplicate files saved on your computer. It also gives you the option to delete them in order to save disk space. Duplicate files that were renamed or had its file extension changed compared to the original will be detected by the PC Health Checkup.
- Open your Trend Micro Security's main console by doing either of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro shortcut icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray (near the system clock).
- Click the Device tab.
- Click the Start button next to PC Health Checkup.
Wait for the PC Health Checkup to finish scanning your computer.
- Click Show Details once the scan is complete.
- Click Find duplicate files.
- Choose the location that you want to scan.
You have the option to choose to scan the entire Computer or select specific drives.
- Choose the minimum size of files that you want to scan (1 MB, 10 MB, 50 MB, 100 MB, 200 MB, 500 MB, 1000 MB).
- Click Check to start scanning.
- Review the scan result and select the files that you want to delete.
- Click Remove.
- Click Close.