"Error code 0x90000000" appears when activating Trend Micro Security software
- Solution ID:1106468
- Last Updated:Sep. 05, 2019 4:17 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2018;2019;2020;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Internet Security - 2020;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2020;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2020;
- "Error code 0x90000000" | Error Message | Trend Micro Security
You receive the following error message when activating your Trend Micro Security software:
"An error occured during the transfer of your activation information.
Please contact Trend Micro technical support for help and mention error code 0x90000000."
This error message appears when you're trying to activate Trend Micro Security using a multi-user serial number that has reached the total number of seat capacity or when your serial number is incorrect.
To resolve this issue, do any of the following:
To verify if your serial number is correct, do the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray (near the clock).
- Select Check for Program Updates.
- Verify if the serial number is correct. If the serial number is incorrect, click on the serial number and then type the correct one.
- Try activating Trend Micro Security again.
To remove the inactive seat, do the following:
- Go to Trend Micro Account.
- Type your Trend Micro Account email address and password, then click Sign In.
- Look for your product from the list.
- Click the X icon located on the upper-right corner of the device you wish to remove protection.
Before removing the protection, check the computer name on each device where the Trend Micro program is installed (if available). For complete instructions, refer to these Knowledge Base articles:
- Click Yes to confirm the removal.
To buy a new license, do the following:
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Click your country below to go to your Online Store:
- North America:
- Europe/Middle East/Africa:
- Australia and New Zealand:
- Asia Pacific:
You will receive an Order Confirmation email as proof of your purchase.