Uninstalling Trend Micro Security software on your Windows™ PC
- Solution ID:1105809
- Last Updated:Oct. 18, 2019 12:49 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2018;Antivirus+ Security - 2019;Antivirus+ Security - 2020;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Internet Security - 2020;Maximum Security - 2018;2019;2020;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2020;
- How to Uninstall Trend Micro Security on your Windows Computer
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
- If you need to uninstall Trend Micro Business and Enterprise products, contact Trend Micro Businees Support Portal.
- If you need to REINSTALL your Trend Micro Security software program, refer to this Knowledge Base article for instructions:
Reinstalling the latest version of Trend Micro Security program using the Reinstall Tool
- We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
To uninstall Trend Micro Security using the Diagnostic Toolkit, do the following:
- Open Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
Click this button below to download TrendMicroDTK.zip
- Open TrendMicroDTK.zip, and then click TrendMicroDTK.bat. This will open Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Click the (C) Uninstall tab.
- Click 1. Uninstall Software.
You may disregard the Windows notification saying to use the Control Panel to remove the program.
Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit will remove all Trend Micro related files from your computer which the Control Panel might have missed.
- Click Yes when asked to confirm the uninstallation.
- Copy your serial number.
- Tick I copied my serial number, then click Uninstall.
- Click Yes when asked to restart your computer.
Run the Uninstall Tool to remove the remnants of your previous installation. Do the following:
Download the Uninstall Tool by clicking the download button below:
- Double-click Ti_1600_win_en_Tool_UninstallTool_hfb0002.exe to run the tool.
Click Yes when the User Account Control Window appears.
- Read the License Agreement, click I accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
- Click Install.
- Wait for the uninstall tool to finish the installation, then click OK.
- Click Uninstall Software.
- Enter the captcha characters, then click Continue.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click Yes when prompted to restart your computer.
After your computer restarts, your Trend Micro Security will be successfully removed.