Uninstalling Trend Micro Security software on your Windows™ PC
Learn how to uninstall or remove Trend Micro Security program on your Windows™ computer.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
- If you need to REINSTALL your Trend Micro Security software program, refer to this Knowledge Base article for instructions:
Reinstalling the latest version of Trend Micro Security program using the Reinstall Tool
- If you need to uninstall Trend Micro Security software on your Apple Mac, refer to this Knowledge Base article for instructions:
Uninstalling Antivirus for Mac
- If you need to uninstall Trend Micro Security on your mobile device, refer to these Knowledge Base articles for instructions:
Uninstalling Mobile Security for iOS
Uninstalling Mobile Security for Android
- If you need to uninstall Trend Micro Business and Enterprise products, contact Trend Micro Businees Support Portal.
- We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
Choose any of the methods below on how to remove the program:
To uninstall Trend Micro Security using the Diagnostic Toolkit, do the following:
- Open Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
Click this button below to download TrendMicroDTK.zip
- Open TrendMicroDTK.zip, and then click TrendMicroDTK.bat. This will open Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Click the (C) Uninstall tab.
- Click 1. Uninstall Software.
You may disregard the Windows notification saying to use the Control Panel to remove the program.
Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit will remove all Trend Micro related files from your computer which the Control Panel might have missed.
- Click Yes when asked to confirm the uninstallation.
- Copy your serial number.
- Tick I copied my serial number, then click Uninstall.
- Click Yes when asked to restart your computer.
Run the Uninstall Tool to remove the remnants of your previous installation. Do the following:
Download the Uninstall Tool by clicking the download button below:
- Double-click Ti_150_win_en_Tool_UninstallTool_hfb0005.exe to run the tool.
Click Yes when the User Account Control Window appears.
- Read the License Agreement, click I accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
- Click Install.
- Wait for the uninstall tool to finish the installation, then click OK.
- Click Uninstall Software.
- Enter the captcha characters, then click Continue.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click Yes when prompted to restart your computer.
After your computer restarts, your Trend Micro Security will be successfully removed.
HAVING PROBLEMS REMOVING TREND MICRO?
If issues are encountered during the uninstallation of the Trend Micro program, remove any leftover Trend Micro files from affected computers by running the Trend Micro File Remover Tool.
The Trend Micro Remnant File Remover Tool removes all remnant Trend Micro files and also fix permissions issues.
For complete instructions on how to run the Trend Micro File Remover Tool, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
Using the Trend Micro Remnant File Remover Tool.