Enabling Trend Micro plug-ins or extensions on web browsers
- Solution ID:1104600
- Last Updated:Sep. 26, 2018 5:17 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus for Mac - 2018;Antivirus for Mac - 2019;Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2017;2018;2019;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Password Manager - All;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- Enabling extensions on web browsers | Trend Micro Security
- Trend Micro Toolbar is missing from the browser
- Features of Trend Micro Toolbar are not working properly (e.g. Page Rating, Privacy Scanner, etc.)
- Unable to block websites that were added to the Exception Lists
- Privacy Scanner features were not applied or are not working
- Password Manager toolbar is missing from the browser
To enable your Trend Micro Security Toolbar, follow the steps below:
- Open the Trend Micro main console. Do either of the following:
- Double click the Trend Micro icon from your desktop.
- Double click the Trend Micro icon from your system tray.
- Click Settings .
- Go to Internet & Email Controls , then choose Web Threats.
- Make sure to tick the boxes for the following options:
- Block potentially dangerous websites
- Display the Trend Micro Toolbar on supported web browsers
- Prevent Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome from running malicious scripts on infected websites
- Click Apply, then click OK to save the changes.
- Check if the Trend Micro Toolbar is enabled in your browser. For instructions, choose from the following:
To enable extensions on Internet Explorer, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools > Manage Add-ons.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Make sure that the plug-ins published by Trend Micro are enabled. If not, select each of the plugin, then click Enable.
To enable extensions on Google Chrome, do the following:
- Open Google Chrome.
- On the address bar, type "chrome://extensions", then press ENTER.
- Make sure that the plug-ins published by Trend Micro are enabled. If not, toggle the switch to the right to turn it on.
To enable extensions on Mozilla Firefox, do the following:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- On the address bar, type "about:addons", then press ENTER.
- Make sure that the plug-ins published by Trend Micro are enabled. If not, click Enable at the right side of the plug-in to turn it on.
Microsoft has not yet provided a way to build extensions/add-ons for us to deliver the same functionality and protection we do in IE11. Once that becomes available, we will definitely create our TrendProtect Toolbar.
Trend Micro still provides the following security to your browsing sessions with Edge:
In addition, PC Health Checkup also supports Edge which allows you to clean privacy data and use its proxy settings to connect to the internet. Security Report will also contain the optimization done by Trend Micro Security on Edge browser.Apple Safari
To enable extensions on Apple Safari, do the following:
- Open Safari.
- Under the Safari menu, click Preferences.
- In the Preferences window, click the Extensions tab.
- Make sure the plug-ins published by Trend Micro are enabled.