Setting up the Trend Micro program password
- Solution ID:1104549
- Last Updated:Aug. 20, 2019 5:59 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2018, Antivirus+ Security - 2019;Antivirus+ Security - 2020;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Internet Security - 2020;Maximum Security - 2018;2019;2020;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2020;
- Set up the password | Trend Micro Security
This article provides instructions on how to setup the password for your Trend Micro Security program.
A password protects access to your security software and safeguards some of its features. When you set a password, anyone who wants to shut down or uninstall the software must provide the correct password.
Enabling your password
To enable your password, do the following:
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software. Do either of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray, then click Open the Main Console.
- Click Settings or the gear icon.
This will open the Protection Settings window.
- Click Other Settings.
- Click Password.
- Tick Enable password protection to prevent unauthorized changes.
- Type the password that you want to use. Make sure to retype it in the Confirm password field. Provide hints to remember your password.
Setting the Trend Micro program password does not affect the password of your Trend Micro Account.
Make sure to provide a valid email address where you can receive your password if you forget it later.
- Click Apply, then click OK.
Below are the password requirements:
- Your password must have between 8 and 50 characters.
- You can use any combination of simple letters and numbers (A-Z, a-z, and 0-9).
- The password system recognizes the difference between upper case letters and lower case letters.
- Your password may not include the following characters:
- Umlaut (Ä, ä, and others) or foreign language characters (such as Chinese, Korean, or Japanese characters)
- Shortcut keys, such as Ctrl+C or Ctrl+V