Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Firewall Booster feature of Trend Micro Security software
- Solution ID:1104543
- Last Updated:Sep. 26, 2018 5:18 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2017;2018;2019;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- FAQ | Firewall Booster | Trend Micro Security
This article answers frequently asked questions about the Firewall Booster feature of Trend Micro Security.
A Firewall Booster is designed to provide network vulnerability detection and anti-botnet protection.
Botnet is a network of private computers infected with malicious software and controlled as a group without the owners’ knowledge, e.g., to send spam messages.
Below are the key features of the Firewall Booster:
- Works with Windows Firewall.
- Link to Windows Firewall provided within the configuration setting
- Intrusion Detection System
- Generic Stream Scan
- Botnet detection
The Firewall Booster protects the computer from any form of network attacks and provides protection against botnet.
Firewall Booster works with Windows Firewall, but runs independently, providing network vulnerability detection and anti-botnet protection. However, enabling Firewall Booster does not enable the Windows Firewall. The Firewall Booster does not register itself to Windows Security Center (WSC) and its status can only be seen from the console of the Trend Micro Security software.
For instructions on how to activate the Firewall booster, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Enabling the Firewall Booster feature of Trend Micro Security.