Activating Trend Micro Security using a new serial number
- Solution ID:1104396
- Last Updated:Jan. 16, 2019 2:54 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2017;2018;2019;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- Activate Using New Serial Number | Trend Micro Security
This article shows you how to activate your Trend Micro Security software using a new serial number.
This is done when:
- You are activating from trial to full version.
- You are replacing an expired license with a new license.
To activate your Trend Micro Security, do the following:
You may find your serial number from the following:
- Order Confirmation email for online purchase
- On the package purchased from the store
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software. Do either of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray.
If you cannot see the Trend Micro icon on your desktop, refer to this Knowledge Base article for instructions: Restoring the missing desktop shortcut icon of your Trend Micro Security.
- Click the expiry date at the bottom of the main console.
- Click Change your serial number.
- Type your new serial number in the fields provided.
If you get "Invalid Serial Number" message, refer to this Knowledge Base article for instructions: “Invalid Serial Number” error message appears when registering Trend Micro program.
- Click Next.
- Click Close.