"Installation Stopped... Error Code #1603, 3003, 0xe0120010" error message appears when installing Trend Micro Security software
- Solution ID: 1061184
- Last Updated: Mar. 16, 2018 2:22 AM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus+ Security - 2015, 2016, 2017;2018;Internet Security - 2015, Internet Security - 2016, Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2015, Maximum Security - 2016, Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2015, Premium Security - 2016, Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- "Installation Stopped... Error Code #1603, 3003, 0xe0120010" | Error Message | Trend Micro Security
Your receive the following error message when installing your Trend Micro Security:
The installer could not set up an important component needed by Trend Micro Maximum Security. (error code: #1603, 3003, 0xe0120010) No changes have been made to this computer."
This happens when there are remnants of the old Trend Micro on your computer.
To resolve the issue, choose any of the options below for instructions:
- Remove remnants of previous installation using the Uninstall Tool
Run the Uninstall Tool to remove the remnants of your previous installation. For complete instructions, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
Uninstalling Trend Micro Security software using the Uninstall Tool.
- Install your Trend Micro Security software
To Install your Trend Micro Security software, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Installing the latest version of Trend Micro Security program.
- Run Trend Micro Anti-Threat Toolkit (ATTK) with Clean Boot
To use the Trend Micro Anti-Threat Toolkit (ATTK) with Clean Boot, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
Using the Trend Micro Anti-Threat Toolkit with Clean Boot to remove MBR and rootkit infections
- Check the Registry
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
Editing your computer's registry can cause serious errors on your computer. Always create a backup before making any changes.
If you need assistance, you can view the Help file by clicking Help > Help Topics on the Registry Editor window.
You can also contact Trend Micro Technical Support if you need help.
To check the registry for errors, do the following:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys.
- In the Open field, type "regedit", then press ENTER. The Windows Registry Editor window will open.
Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Optionsand delete the Image File Execution Options.
- Upgrade Trend Micro Security to the latest version
To upgrade Trend Micro Security software to the latest version, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
Upgrading your Trend Micro Security to the latest version