“Transfer of Protected Data Blocked” error message appears when visiting web pages
- Solution ID:1058591
- Last Updated:Sep. 26, 2018 5:17 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2017;2018, 2019;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- “Transfer of Protected Data Blocked” | Error Message | Trend Micro Security
You receive the following error message randomly when visiting websites:
“Transfer of Protected Data Blocked
Data Theft Prevention has stopped protected data from leaving this computer. If you need to send out this information, you can disable this protection temporarily."
This message appears to notify you that a protected data has been blocked by the Data Theft Prevention feature of your Trend Micro Security software.
You might receive this pop-up message when the information you entered in the Data Theft Prevention feature has an identical series of numbers on the website.
- You entered the last four digits of your credit card number: "1040" on Data Theft Prevention.
- You searched in Google and your search keyword contains the same number you used on the Data Theft Prevention feature.
This message appears to notify you that a protected data has been blocked by the Data Theft Prevention feature of your Trend Micro Security software. We have improved our Data Theft Prevention feature on our latest version so it can now protect these data even in HTTPS websites for better security.
To stop getting this message, do the following:
- On the pop-up message, click Temporarily disable this protection.
- On your keyboard, press the F5 key. This will refresh the website and disable the Data Theft Protection feature for 30 minutes.
To avoid frequent notifications from this feature, type the last 8 digits of your credit card number on the Data Theft Prevention feature. This is best practice for greater filtering.
You can also do this for the other information that you want to protect:
- Name - Type your complete name
- Email Address -Type your complete email address
- Telephone number - Type your complete telephone number
To configure the Data Theft Prevention feature of your Trend Micro Security software, follow the steps on this Knowledge Base article: Using the Data Theft Prevention feature of Trend Micro Security.