Changing the proxy server settings of your Trend Micro Security software
- Solution ID:1056488
- Last Updated:Aug. 19, 2019 1:09 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2018;2019;2020;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Internet Security - 2020;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2020;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2020;
- Proxy Server Settings | Trend Micro Security
A proxy server is a server that offers a computer network service to allow computers to make indirect network connections to other network services.If you don't prefer using any, this Knowledge Base article may not apply to you.
This article shows you how to change the proxy server settings of your Trend Micro Security software.
To change your proxy settings, do the following:
- Open the main console of you Trend Micro Security program. Do any of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray (near the clock).
Click Settings (gear icon). Protection Settings window should open.
Click Other Settings.
Click Network Settings.
Select Enter the necessary proxy server settings option, then enter the proxy server configuration.
By default, this feature is turned on but does not work unless you enter the proxy information.If you are not sure about your proxy settings, please contact your Network Administrator.
Click Apply, then click OK.