“Invalid Serial Number” error message appears when activating Trend Micro Security program
- Solution ID:1054753
- Last Updated:Dec. 07, 2018 2:19 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus for Mac - 2016, Antivirus for Mac - 2017;Antivirus for Mac - 2018;Antivirus for Mac - 2019;Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2017;2018;2019;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- "Invalid Serial Number" | Error Message | Trend Micro Security
You receive the following error message when trying to register or activate your Trend Micro Security:
"Invalid Serial Number
You have not provided a valid serial number. Please try again."
"You have entered an invalid serial number.
Without a valid serial number, Trend Micro Security cannot protect you. Please try again."
This issue can happen in any of the following scenario:
- You entered an incorrect serial number.
- You downloaded a version of the Trend Micro program that is incompatible with your serial number.
- The downloaded installer of the Trend Micro program is incomplete.
To resolve this issue, do either of the following:
The issue can happen if you used a different serial number or mistyped the serial number when activating the program. You can resolve this by changing the serial number in the program's main console. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Double-check the serial number of your program.
If you purchased your Trend Micro program online, you can find the serial number on the order confirmation email.
If you purchased the program from a retail store, look for the serial number in the sticker on the product box.
- Re-type your serial number.
- Click Next.
Using the serial number to activate a wrong Trend Micro program can also result in getting the error message. Serial numbers follow a different format for each program depending on how you acquired the serial number.
Check your serial number format, then download the correct installer below:
For your existing Trend Micro program
For programs purchased from Best Buy (US)
Serial Number Starts with 'TA' or 'TO'Internet Security
Serial Number Starts with 'TC'Antivirus for Mac
You can visit Best Buy's website if you need further assistance.
For programs purchased from QVC
For programs availed from your Internet Service Provider
Make sure you have downloaded the complete installer package. You may go back to OPTION 2: Download The Appropriate Installer File to re-download the installer.
Need Additional Help?
Monday to Friday (5AM - 8PM PST)
Monday to Friday (7AM - 7PM Sydney Time)
Monday to Friday 8:00 – 17:30 GMT
Monday to Friday (8AM - 5PM Local Time)
Monday to Friday (8AM – 5PM Manila Time)
Monday to Friday (9AM – 9PM India Time)