Checking if you have the latest version of Trend Micro Security software installed
- Solution ID:1053723
- Last Updated:Sep. 26, 2019 5:00 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2018;2019;2020;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Internet Security - 2020;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2020;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2020;
- How to check if your Trend Micro Security program is running the latest version
Know if you are running the latest version of your Trend Micro program, otherwise perform an upgrade.
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software. Do either of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray.
- On the main console, hover your mouse pointer on the program name located at the top left corner. This should display Version: 16.0.
If the image above does not match with your Trend Micro Security main console, you are probably running an older version of Trend Micro Security. Upgrade to the latest version to have the latest security and program updates.
Upgrading your Trend Micro Security to the latest version is FREE if you have an existing valid license. If your license has expired, you have to purchase a renewal before upgrading. This version contains performance and security enhancements and also bug fixes.
To upgrade your Trend Micro Security program, refer to the Knowledge Base article:
Upgrading Trend Micro Security to the latest version.
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software.
- On the main console, click the silhouette icon, then click About the Software.
- You will see the version of the program just below the name of your program.