Removing components of a previously installed antivirus program (McAfee)
- Solution ID:1039025
- Last Updated:Sep. 26, 2018 5:19 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2017;2018;2019;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2016, Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- Remove McAfee components | Trend Micro Security
Learn how to permanently remove previously installed McAfee programs to install your Trend Micro Security.
You are trying to install your Trend Micro Security but you encounter the following scenarios:
- Trend Micro installer keeps detecting a McAfee antivirus program that was previously installed on your computer.
- Uninstalled McAfee using the Add/Remove Programs function in the Control Panel, but certain components cannot be removed.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
To install this tool, you must log onto your computer using an account with administrator privileges. If you have installed software on your computer before, you probably have these privileges.
Click the button below to download the McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) tool:
- Right-click MCPR.exe, then select Run as administrator.
If a security warning window appears, click Yes, Continue or Run.
- Once the McAfee Software Removal window appears, click Next.
- Read and accept the End User Licence Agreement (EULA) by choosing Agree and clicking Next.
- Type the characters as exactly seen (case-sensitive) on the Security Validation window, then click Next.
- A Removal Complete window will appear. Click Restart to completely remove McAfee products.
This will restart your computer.
For more information about the uninstallation of McAfee Products, refer to their Knowledge Base article:
How to uninstall McAfee products with the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool