Did this article help you?
Thank you for your feedback!
After you imported the vCenter structure, the DSM with an installed Deep Security Relay cannot be activated and shows the error “Activation Failed (Duplicate Computer)".
The issue occurs if the DSM with Deep Security Relay had already been imported and activated in the console during the installation or in a later stage of the configuration.
To resolve the issue:
- On the DSM that was not imported via vCenter, do the following:
- Deactivate the Agent.
- Delete the computer from the DSM.
- On the DSM that was imported via vCenter, do the following:
- Go to the DSM Computers console and click the Actions tab.
- Reactivate the computer.
Two activated Agents will now appear under the General tab.
- Under the Action tab, click Deactivate Appliance Protection.
Only Agent protection will remain enabled for the DSM.
Note: When the DSM is also the Deep Security Relay, the Agent has to be enabled because it is responsible for updates on the environment.
Deep Security - 8.0, 9.0;