Note: Sites which may potentially represent an increased security risk are flagged to alert Trend Micro customers of this added risk. Trend Micro customers may choose to continue onto such flagged sites despite their potential increased risk. Sites may be flagged for various reasons, including detection of the presence of malware, coding issues (like SQL Injection) or other issues that represent a threat to users on the site or other sites on the same host.
Ratings are based on research conducted by Trend Micro and/or data obtained from reputable sources. Due to the dynamic nature of the Internet, the threat environment and the common tactic to evade detection of malicious attackers of compromising legitimate sites and then removing their attack code and malware, a site may be assessed to be a genuine risk at one point in time but not a risk at another time.
However, the potential risk may return at a later time due to the vulnerability. Because of this, reports from users are an important component of our ongoing work to provide the most accurate and current threat intelligence about sites. If you believe a site to be inaccurately classified, please follow these instructions to help us update our classification.
- Go to http://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/index.php.
- Type in the URL on the text box and click on Check Now to check the current rating.
- If you want to ask for reclassification of the URL, say the current URL is Untested and you want it analyzed, or the current URL is Safe and you want it tagged as Dangerous or vice-versa, just click on the Reclassify Request link.
- On the next page, fill out the form and provide as much information as possible.
There are three options under Safety Rating:
- The current rating seems correct (choose this if you are not sure of the current rating and you want Trend Micro’s Web Reputation Team to analyze and tag the URL)
There are two options under Content:
- The current category seems correct (choose this if you are not sure of the current category and you want Trend Micro’s Web Reputation Team to analyze and categorize the URL)
- Suggest a different category
You may refer to this image for help on classifying the Safety Rating and Content of the URL:
Fill out the last portion of the reclassification page specially the email address field to ensure that you get the analysis result. If you don’t own the website or if you are not a Trend Micro customer, just leave the check boxes unchecked. Key in the verification words and then click Submit.
Note: If you selected the default options for Safety Rating (“The current rating seems correct”) and content (“The current category seems correct”), you may get a message like this. You may proceed by clicking OK.
- After a successful action, you will see the following message.
Check your email for the acknowledgement of the submission. Reclassification requests usually take between 2 days to 1 week for the whole process to complete. Recheck your email every once in a while for the final analysis result.