This procedure resolves the issue where the WFBS-SVC agent shows an offline status.
On the affected Windows computer where the WFBS-SVC agent is installed, make sure to have a good Internet connection and then do the following:
- Check the Windows/Router Firewall settings for any restrictions and do either of the following:
- Verify if the computer uses any proxy settings. Refer to this Microsoft article: How to configure Internet Explorer to use a proxy server.
- Open a command prompt, ping the WFBS-SVC servers, and press Enter. Below are the WFBS-SVC Servers:
- US and other regions: wfbs-svc-nabu-aal.trendmicro.com
- Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) Region: wfbs-svc-emea-aal.trendmicro.com
You should receive a successful result similar to below:
- On the command prompt, run the "tracert" command to the WFBS-SVC servers, and press Enter. You should receive a successful result similar to below:
- Click the Windows orb, type "services.msc" on the Search field, and press Enter.
- Check the following Trend Micro services and make sure they are started.
- TrendMicro Common Client Solution Framework
- TrendMicro Security Agent
- TrendMicro Security Agent Firewall (if enabled)
- TrendMicro Security Agent Listener
- TrendMicro Security Agent NT Proxy Service (Win7 and below)
- TrendMicro Security Agent RealTime Scan
- TrendMicro Unauthorized Change Prevention Service
- Restart the Trend Micro Client/Server Security Agent service.
- Unload and reload the WFBS-SVC agent on the system tray. Refer to this article: Unloading the Client/Server Security Agent.
- Restart the machine.
If the issue still occurs, contact Trend Micro Technical Support
and provide the Case Diagnostic Tool (CDT) log generated on the client computer.
Worry-Free Business Security Services - 5.7;Worry-Free Business Security Services for Dell - 5.6;