The error occurs because the virtualization technology (VT) is not enabled on the hardware where ESX is installed.
DSVA is a 64-bit appliance that needs VT enabled on the hardware where ESX (ESX 4.1 or ESX 4.1 Update 1) is installed. VT should be activated in the BIOS of the hardware.
To resolve this issue, contact your hardware vendor to enable VT.
- Unable to power-on a 64-bit virtual machine
- The CPU is Virtual Technology-capable, but Virtualization Technology is not enabled.
- Unable to install a 64-bit operating system
- The virtual machine has been migrated and power-on no longer works.
- One of the following CPU errors appears when trying to vMotion to a host that does not have VT enabled:
- The CPU of the host is incompatible with the CPU feature requirements of virtual machine.
- The CPU of the host is incompatible with the CPU feature requirements of the virtual machine;problem detected at CPUID level 0x80000001 register 'edx'.