Note: This solution only applies to Worry-Free Business Security Standard/Advanced 7.0
This article shows you the procedure for installing WFBS.
Please do the following:
Note: Close any running applications before installing WFBS. If you install while other applications are running, the installation process may take longer to complete.
- Perform the pre-configuration tasks.
- Do one of the following:
- Insert the installation CD on a disk drive.
- Download the installer file from the Trend Micro Update Center and extract the file.
- Double-click the SETUP.EXE file. The Trend Micro Installation screen appears.
- Click Next. The License Agreement screen appears.
- Read the license agreement. If you agree with the terms, select I accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Click Next. The Setup Type screen appears.
- From the Setup Type page, choose one of the following options:
- Typical install (Recommended) - This provides an easy solution for installing WFBS using Trend Micro default values. This method is suitable for a small business using a single Trend Micro Security Server and up to ten clients.
- Minimal Install
- Custom install - This provides flexibility in implementing your network security strategy. This method is suitable if you have many computers and servers or multiple Exchange servers.
- Click Next. The Product Activation page appears
Note: If you do not have an Activation Code, you may not have registered your copy of WFBS yet. Click Register Online to open a new browser window. Follow the instructions on the Registration page. You may also choose to click Next to install the evaluation version. If you upgrade to the full version before the 30-day evaluation period ends, all your program settings will remain.
- Click Next. The Setup Overview page appears.
The Setup Overview page shows the components that you need configure in order to install the Trend Micro Security Server and the Security Agent (as well as the Messaging Security Agent [MSA] if you are using WFBS Advanced).
- Click Next.
If you selected Custom Installation, the Select Target Folder page would appear.
The default WFBS install folder is C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server. If you want to install WFBS in another folder, click Browse.
- Click Next. The Select Components page appears.
- Select the components that you want to install.
For WFBS Advanced only:
The Configure Security Server page now highlights the Security Server.
- Security Server (default): The Security Server hosts the centralized web-based management console.
- Security Agent (default): The agent protects desktops and servers.
- Messaging Security Agent (optional): When installing the Security Server on a computer that has a Microsoft Exchange server installed on the same computer, Setup prompts you to install a local MSA.
- Remote Messaging Security Agent (optional): When installing the Security Server on a computer that cannot detect the existence of local Microsoft Exchange servers, Setup prompts you to install the remote MSA to remote servers.
- Note: If there is an Exchange server on the same computer on which you are installing the Security Server, the remote MSA will not show on the Select Components screen; only the local MSA will show.
- Configure the Security Server.
The Security Server configuration tasks consist of pre-scanning the server for malware as well as configuring the web server and the proxy server.
- Click Next. The Computer Prescan page appears.
- Choose whether or not to pre-scan your computer for threats by selecting one of the following options:
- Prescan my computer for threats- The prescan targets the most vulnerable areas of the computer, which include the following:
- the boot area and boot directory (for boot sector viruses)
- the Windows folder
- the Program Files folder
- Do not prescan my computer for threats - Trend Micro highly recommends pre-scanning your computer for security threats to ensure that the installation goes into a clean environment. Not pre-scanning the computer could prevent a successful installation.
- Click Next.
If you selected Custom Installation, the Web Server page would appear.
Select a web server to host the Security Server web console. Choose one of the following:
- Internet Information Services (IIS) server
- Apache Web server 2.0.xx
- Click Next. The Web Server Identification page appears.
- Choose from one of the following server identification options for client-server communication:
Note: When using an IP address, ensure that the computer where you are installing the Security Server has a static IP address. If the server has multiple network interface cards (NICs), Trend Micro recommends using the domain name instead of the IP address.
If all access to the Security Server will be done from within your network, you do not need to enable the SSL.
- Server information - Choose domain name or IP address:
- Fully Qualified Domain Name - Use the web server's domain name to ensure successful client-server communications.
- IP address - Verify that the target server's IP address is correct.
- Click Next. The Administrator Account Password page appears.
- Specify different passwords for the Security Server web console and the Security Agent.
Note: The password field holds 1-24 characters and is case sensitive.
- Security Server web console - You will need a password to log on the web console. Provide the password and confirm the password.
- Security Agents - You will need the password to uninstall Security Agents and remove them from your computer.
- Click Next. The SMTP Server and Notification Recipient(s) page appears.
- Enter the required information:
Note: If the SMTP server is on the same computer as WFBS and uses port 25, the installation program detects the name of the SMTP server and updates the SMTP Server and Port fields. Refer to your ISP mail server settings. If you do not know these settings, proceed with the next step. You can update the SMTP settings after installation. Refer to the Administrator's Guide for instructions.
- SMTP server - the IP address of your email server
- Port - the port that the SMTP server uses for communications
- Recipient(s) - the email address(es) that the SMTP server uses to send alert notifications. You can enter multiple email addresses when more than one person needs to receive notifications.
- Click Next. The Trend Micro Smart Protection Network page appears.
- Choose whether or not you want to participate in the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network feedback program.
- Click Next.
If you selected Custom Installation, the General Proxy Settings page would appear.
If a proxy server is required to access the Internet, select the Use a proxy server checkbox and provide the following information:
The Configuring Security Agent page highlights the Security Agent.
- Proxy server type
- Server name or IP address
- User name and Password - Provide these only if the proxy server requires authentication.
- Configure the Security Agent.
The Security Agent configuration tasks consist of setting the agent installation path, configuring the agent's server and desktop settings as well as the proxy server settings for additional services.
- Click Next.
If you selected Custom Installation, the Security Agent Installation Path page would appear.
- Set the following items:
- Installation Path - This is the destination folder where the Security Agent files are installed.
- Security Agent Listening Port - This is the port number used for Security Agent and Security Server communications.
- Click Next.
If you selected Custom Installation, the Configuring Security Agents Settings page would appear.
- You can configure Security Agent settings for Servers and Desktops:
In each group, you can configure the following components:
- Servers - Windows Server 2003/2008 computers will be added to the default Servers group when you first add them to the web console. You can enable different technologies for this group based on your particular needs.
- Desktops - Windows XP/Vista/7 computers will be added to the default Desktops group when you first add them to the web console. You can enable different technologies for this group based on your particular needs.
- Smart Scan - Smart Scan uses a central scan server on the network to take some of the burden of the scanning of clients.
- Antivirus and Anti-Spyware - This scans files for malicious code as they are accessed or created.
- Firewall - This protects clients against malware attacks and network viruses by creating a barrier between the clients and the network.
- Web Reputation - This blocks malicious websites through the credibility of web domains and assigning a reputation score based on several identifying factors.
- URL Filtering - This blocks specified categories of websites (for example, pornographic sites and social networking) according to your company's policy.
- Behavior Monitoring - This analyzes program behavior to proactively detect known and unknown threats.
- Device Control - This regulates access to external storage devices and network resources.
- Click Next.
If you selected Custom Installation, the Proxy Setting for Additional Services page would appear.
The Smart Scan, Web Reputation, and Behavior Monitoring services use the proxy server address and port used by Internet Explorer on client computers. If that proxy server requires authentication, use this page to specify logon credentials.
- For WFBS Advanced only: Configure the MSA.
You will be prompted to install the MSA at one of the following points:
Note: This procedure applies to both local and remote MSA installation.
The Configuring Messaging Security Agent page highlights the local MSA.
- When installing the Security Server on a computer that has Microsoft Exchange server installed on the same computer, Setup prompts you to install a local Messaging Security Agent.
- When installing the Security Server on a computer that cannot detect the existence of local Microsoft Exchange servers, Setup prompts you to install the remote Messaging Security Agent to remote servers.
- Click Next. The Install Messaging Security Agent page appears.
- Provide the following information:
- Exchange Server
- Domain Administrator Account
- Click Next.
If you selected Custom Installation, the Messaging Security Agent Settings page would appear.
- Configure the following:
- Proceed with the installation process.
The Start Copying Files page shows a summary of all the parameters that will be used during the installation of WFBS
- Do one of the following:
- Click Next to start installing the selected components. The entire installation process may take some time to complete. During the installation, a status page will show the progress being made.
- When the Setup Wizard Complete screen appears, click Finish.