This article details how to set up the URL Filtering feature in WFBS-SVC.
URL filtering helps you control access to Web sites to reduce unproductive employee time, decrease Internet bandwidth usage, and create a safer Internet environment. You can choose a level of URL filtering protection or customize which types of Web sites you want to screen.
To configure URL Filtering:
- Log on to the WFBS-SVC console.
- Click Devices.
- Under the Groups pane, hover the mouse beside the group that you need to configure.
- Click the Gear icon and select Configure Policy.
- On the Windows tab, click URL Filtering.
- Tick the Enable URL Filtering option.
- From the URL Filtering screen, update following as required:
- Filter Strength:
- High: Blocks known or potential security threats, inappropriate or possibly offensive content, content that can affect productivity or bandwidth, and unrated pages
Medium: Blocks known security threats and inappropriate content
Low (default): Blocks known security threats
Custom: Select your own categories, and whether you want to block the categories during business hours or leisure hours
- Filter Rules: Select entire categories or sub-categories to block.
- Business Hours: Any day or hours that are not defined under Business Hours are considered Leisure hours.
- Click Save.
Note: To define approved and blocked lists for the group (and ignore the global lists), click Approved/Blocked URLs on the left panel and then configure the list in the screen that appears.
Worry-Free Business Security Services - 5.6;Worry-Free Business Security Services for Dell - 5.6;