Did this article help you?
Thank you for your feedback!
There are instances where you may encounter unusual behavior in your computer and suspect that is infected by malware. In these cases, there are several tools that you can use. Knowing which tool to use at the right time may be a key in making your computer behave normally.
Note: You can run the tools listed below even if you do not have any Trend Micro product installed.
These tools attempt to remediate a single-seat infection.
- HouseCall - This is the tool that you need to use first. HouseCall scans your PC for a wide range of Internet security threats including viruses, worms, Trojans, and spyware.
- RootkitBuster - If you suspect there is a malicious component preventing HouseCall or SysClean from executing, or that is trying to hide from the system, you may run the RootkitBuster. This tool is a rootkit scanner that can check through hidden files, registry entries, processes, drivers, and hooked system services. It can also clean out hidden files and registry entries that were created by malicious software.
- FakeAV Remover - This tool allows you to clean rogue antivirus, also known as Fake Antivirus (FakeAV). FakeAV threats have been rampant in the past few years. Various FakeAV variants have infected millions of PCs and are continuously spreading worldwide. If you find out that you have this malicious software, use this to clean your computer.
- Anti-Threat Toolkit (ATTK) - The ATTK scanner can be used for offline and online computers. Download the correct package for your system: if your computer is connected to the Internet (online) or not (offline).
- AntiRansomware Tool - The AntiRansomware Tool is able to execute successfully on an infected environment and stop a ransomware process. However, for digitally signed ransomware processes, the tool will not be able to stop the process completely but it can minimize it.
- Rescue Disk - Rescue Disk allows you to use a CD, DVD, or USB drive to examine your computer without launching Microsoft Windows. It finds and removes persistent or difficult-to-clean security threats that can lurk deep within your operating system.
- HijackThis (HJT) - HijackThis generates an in-depth report of registry and file settings from your computer, allowing you to selectively remove items from your machine.
Information and log generation tools
These do not fix suspected malware issues, but instead generates a log file that Technical Support can go through to help you with your suspected infection.
- ATTK Suspicious Files and Information Collector - The ATTK Suspicious Files and Information Collector is available for 32-bit and 64-bit computers. Download the correct package for your operating system.
You can also post questions and inquiries at the Trend Micro Malware Community
. This community is composed of individuals such as yourself who may be experiencing something similar, and by Trend Micro Subject Matter Experts.
OfficeScan - 10.0, 10.5, 8.0;Worry-Free Business Security Standard/Advanced - 6.0, Worry-Free Business Security Standard/Advanced - 7.0, Worry-Free Business Security Standard/Advanced - 8.0, Worry-Free Business Security Standard/Advanced - 9.0;