You can use this tool as another way to update your product. For instructions, please follow the steps below:
Note: Using the tool in this solution will update your product but may not remove the error messages that appear when updating normally.
- Download the Update Tool and save it onto your desktop.
To do this, click on your operating system:
If you are not sure how to download the tool, see below for instructions:
- Click on the link for your operating system above.
- Click Save on the File Download window.
- Select Desktop from the left pane as the location, then click Save.
- Run the Update Tool by doing any of the following:
- For Windows XP: Go to your desktop and double-click Update_Tool.exe.
- For Windows Vista or 7 (32 bit) : Go to your desktop, right-click Update_Tool.exe, and select Run as Administrator.
- For Windows Vista or 7 (64 bit) : Go to your desktop, right-click Update_Tool64.exe, and select Run as Administrator.
- Click OK to continue.
- The tool will download over 50 megabytes (MB) in updates. This normally takes 10 to 15 minutes, but it may take longer, depending on the speed of your Internet connection.
- If you receive the notification "Your computer might be at risk" in your system tray, ignore this while the Update Tool installs the latest updates.
- Click OK when prompted to restart the computer so the changes can take effect.